Modifying your lifestyle to accommodate health and wellness is a rewarding endeavor, but there will be times when you crave desserts and treats that don’t provide any nutritional value. Instead of indulging, treat yourself to healthy, nutrient-packed, low-carb desserts that are delicious. They’re so tasty that they can’t be considered an “alternative” to delicious treats; they are simply amazing the way they are, yet healthy! Here are two, easy to prepare, delectable low-carb desserts for when you have an unhealthy craving!
Almond Butter Cookies
These almond butter cookies are an incredible way to combat your craving for chocolate chip cookies! Plus, they are extremely easy to make. These cookies hold up well in the freezer too. If you’re feeling ambitious, prepare extra and freeze them for future cravings!
You will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, or semisweet if you prefer
- parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the egg, the almond butter, the baking soda, and the sugar together. Stir well.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture. Make sure they're evenly distributed.
- Scoop out cookie dough mixture in a tablespoon and drop them on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball of dough slightly by pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t overbake.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, and then move the cookies to a cooling rack. On the cooling rack, the cookies will firm up.
Rich, flavorful, and nutritious, this skillet brownie is the perfect treat for two. It only takes 30 minutes to prepare so you’ll satisfy that sweet tooth quickly!
You will need:
- 5 tbsp almond flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp melted butter, unsalted
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp chocolate chips
- 6-inch ovenproof skillet
- Set oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease the oven proof skillet
- Using a medium-sized bowl, mix the almond flour, stevia, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Add melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, and water to the dry mixture. Stir well.
- Pour batter into the greased skillet. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the mixture.
- Place skillet in the oven oven for 15 minutes. The brownie won’t be completely set. It will still be soft and slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Remove from oven. Top with cinnamon and raspberries or your favorite low-carb ice cream.
- Enjoy immediately!
With these two incredibly delicious low-carb desserts, you will be able to enjoy your desserts without falling into unhealthy habits. For extra support on living a healthy lifestyle, try using Super CitrateMax®. This ingredient from Interhealth is available in a variety of supplements. Super CitrateMax® will help curb your appetite and cravings, supporting healthy weight loss.