As the fall arrives, a workout program can be difficult to maintain. It’s the time of year for holidays and family gatherings, each of which includes cooking and eating delicious foods with loved ones. And in the busy season it can be difficult to arrange time for consistent exercise. However, to maintain your good habits, the key is being able to switch up your routine and keep things new.Because fall weather is so pleasant and the outdoors are so beautiful, it’s a great time to take advantage of the cool, fresh air by taking your exercise outdoors! Try one of these five fall activities to rework your standard workout routine and stay fit during the fall:
- Raking Leaves - Why hire someone to clean up your yard when it can be so fun and healthy to do yourself? Set a weekly or bi-weekly goal of raking to work your arm muscles. Be sure to support your back and keep the exercise to a maximum of an hour at a time. That way, you don’t overstress your body and it’s less likely to seem like a chore!
- Rollerblading - Now that you’re working your arms by raking leaves, you’ll need an exercise targeting your glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Rollerblading does just that! In fact, rollerblading is one of the best exercises for full-body toning and burning calories quickly.
- Hiking - Your local hiking trails aren’t far away! You can start off on a low-level hike or challenge yourself to climb to a hilltop or mountain peak. The prize of viewing your local natural landscape from on high gives you a natural rush and feeling of goal completion. Plus, you can take a new hiking path every day you exercise to make sure things don’t become stagnant.
- Pumpkin Hunting - A great way to get your whole family outside and staying active is to go pumpkin hunting before Halloween! There are natural pumpkin patches scattered across the country in which you can go walking through miles of field and find the perfect pumpkin to decorate or carve. It may not burn a lot of calories, but moderate walking is a great day “off” from the gym.
- Trail Running - Take advantage of the changing leaves by running on local trails through the forest or over rolling hills. You can set your own pace, record steps with a pedometer, and even run with a friend!
Keep your calorie burn level high without making it to the gym every day by incorporating a few of these fun fall activities!
Want a more intense level of weight loss? Try products containing Meratrim®. Meratrim® has been studied in several clinical studies to significantly reduce weight, waist size, and hip size in just two weeks! Find out more about Meratrim® by contacting Interhealth today at firstname.lastname@example.org.