Fall brings cooler weather and warm comfort foods. To help give you a jumpstart on staying fit and avoiding the extra weight that can come with the cooler season, try repeating these 5 exercises regularly throughout the week.
- Jump Rope. Jumping rope is a fun and excellent workout! It’s a good activity to do outside where you can enjoy the relief of crisp weather while working out. Or it can be done in a garage or basement if the weather outside is not ideal. Plan out your playlist so that the songs that play during your jump roping have a good beat you can jump to! We suggest working up to a full 10 minutes of jumping rope for each workout.
- Step Ups. Find a sturdy workout block that is about as high as your knees. Make sure it can handle the weight of your body before doing this exercise. Start standing on both feet while facing the block. Step your right foot onto the block with your foot centered on the block, then stand up to two feet on the block. Step back down with your left foot, then right foot to standing. Then, step your left foot onto the block with your foot centered on the block and stand up to two feet on the block. Step back down with your right foot, then left foot to standing. Switch off the foot you step up with each time and repeat this exercise 20-30 times. If it becomes too easy, hold light weights in your hands as you do the exercise.
- Planks. Holding a plank is an amazing muscle builder! Hold a traditional plank with your elbows on the ground, your shoulders directly above your elbows, and your feet on the ground behind you with a straight body. Be sure that only your forearms and feet are touching the floor, and try to engage your core as much as possible. We suggest working up to holding a plank for 30-60 seconds at a time.
- Burpees. Burpees provide a quick way to get your heart rate up for a cardio workout while strengthening your arms and your core. Start standing, bend your knees to put your hands on the floor and jump your feet back into a push-up position. Then, jump your feet back to your hands, stand up and jump. Repeat this exercise 10-15 times.
- Squats. A traditional squat is a great way to work on strengthening your legs and your glutes. Put your hands on your hips with your feet shoulder width apart and squat down as low as you can with a straight back, then slowly stand back up. We suggest doing 10-15 of these at a time.
Regular exercise combined with healthy eating is the best way to enter the fall season feeling and looking great. To give your weight management goals a boost, you can also incorporate a dietary supplement like Meratrim®. Research has shown that Meratrim may help people with their weight goals in as little as two weeks, when combined with regular exercise and a healthy diet. To learn more, fill out our contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.