A strong immune system is essential to overall health. Our immune system fights diseases and keeps us healthy and energetic. It can be difficult, however, to keep the immune system strong all the time, especially during times of change, whether they be seasonal, career, school, etc. Luckily there are several immune-boosting foods that are as healthy as they are tasty! Here are our top 5 foods for boosting your immune system:
- Yogurt. Full of probiotics, zinc, and calcium, yogurt is an essential food for boosting your immune system. It keeps your digestive tract clean and running smoothly, making sure you get all the nutrients you need. Additionally, yogurt provides a boost of zinc and calcium which aid your body in staying healthy this time of year. You can eat plain, low-fat yogurt with breakfast, add it to a smoothie, substitute it for sour cream, and many other healthy eating options.
- Oatmeal. Oats are a whole grain packed with nutrients. The fiber in oatmeal contains natural antioxidants which help boost your immune system in addition to keeping you full and satisfied. Have a bowl of oatmeal for a meal a couple times a week for a tasty immunity boost. Add a little bit of honey and cinnamon for additional immune-boosting properties!
- Garlic. Garlic contains natural antioxidants and antimicrobial properties that are essential for boosting your immune system. Its potency could warrant it being called a superfood! Add raw and cooked garlic to as many meals as possible, you cannot have too much. Besides, it adds amazing flavor.
- Spinach. With tons of folate, fiber, Vitamin C, and antioxidants, Spinach is an important part of any healthy diet, especially if you are looking to boost your immune system. This dark, leafy green can be eaten in many ways this season. Add some raw spinach to your morning smoothie, make a tasty salad or add some to your favorite sandwich.
- Berries. Berries are full of antioxidants and other nutrients that boost your immune system. Also, they are a tasty alternative to sugary foods. Add berries to yogurt or oatmeal for a super-nutrient, immune-boosting meal or snack. You can also snack on your favorite plain berry or have a handful for after a meal for a healthy dessert.
Keep your immune system running in top form all season long with these great foods. Also, these foods are a great addition to a healthy diet and key to weightloss and fitness. If you are looking for additional support in your weight loss goals, consider adding a dietary supplement that contains LOWAT® to your daily regimen. LOWAT® is a patent-pending weight management ingredient made from Ayurvedic plants and clinically studied to support a healthy weight loss!