We know how difficult cutting out soda can be, but it’s worth the health and weight loss benefits. Try these 5 healthy alternatives to soda to support a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy alternatives to soda exist! If you are trying to jumpstart your weight loss goal, you have probably thought about giving up soda. Soda has unhealthy amounts of sugar in it and has been linked to obesity, so we definitely support your decision to cut it out of your diet. However, we understand how difficult it can be, so we’ve got a list of 5 healthy alternatives to soda for you to try. Figure out the ones you like the best and keep them readily available so that you can’t hear the soda machine calling your name.
- Flavored Water. It’s a miracle how delicious flavored water can taste! You can buy it flavored or make your own by adding in pieces of fruit or herbs like mint or basil. There are millions of different flavor combinations to try. If you’re used to sugary beverages, it may take some adjustment at first, but if you stick with it you will grow to like it.
- Tea. Hot tea has wondrous health benefits and can give you an extra little caffeine kick if you need it. To sweeten it up, you can add a bit of Stevia, a natural sweetener that is derived from a plant extract.
- Vegetable Juice. Be careful with this one, as some juices can give the impression of being healthy alternatives to soda, but really they have just as much sugar. Check to make sure there isn’t a lot of sugar added to the juice if you are buying it, or get a juicer to juice your own. Again, the possibilities are endless here, you can make any combination of fruits and veggies that you want for a nice blend of flavor.
- Smoothies. Make a smoothie next time you feel that soda craving coming on. Not only are smoothies nutritious and healthy alternatives to soda, they can make you feel much more satisfied if you add things like yogurt with protein.
- Sparkling water. If it’s those bubbles you crave, consider sparkling water. You can drink it plain, buy it flavored, or add your own flavoring. So many options!
Be sure to try all of these healthy alternatives to soda and determine which ones are best for you. Give them a chance by trying them more than once because your taste preference may start to change as you start drinking less soda and become accustomed to healthier flavors.We suggest adding a little Super CitriMax®, a natural fruit extract to help support healthy weight management.