We know that skipping meals and feeling hungry does not lead to weight loss. Undereating can lead to nutrient deficiencies and other health problems. It is important to stay energized with food, but the type of food you consume is extremely important. Next time hunger strikes, don’t run to the convenience store for a candy bar. Instead, be prepared for the hunger pangs by taking one of these five healthy snacks on-the-go!
Nut Butter and Celery
- For a mid-morning snack, ease that craving for something salty with a portion of nut butter and celery. Easily prepared, and easy to pack to-go, nut butter and celery is a great healthy snack. There are a variety of different nut butters to choose from. Peanut butter can be hard on digestion, but almond butter or cashew butter is an easy alternative. Any grocery store will carry a variety of nut butter options. Choose your favorite and enjoy with a stick of celery!
Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Almonds are in incredible snack, but sometimes they are not satisfying on their own. Instead of trying to munch on dry almonds, buy dark chocolate covered almonds. Dark chocolate has its own healthy benefits like lowering blood pressure, and it is full of antioxidants. Almonds are a fiber-rich food, contain protein, and will leave you feeling satiated.
Hard Boiled Egg & Whole Grain Crackers
- For a midday snack, eat a hard boiled egg along with some whole grain crackers. A hard boiled egg, yolk included, is an incredible source of healthy fats and protein. It will leave you feeling full, but not overly full. The whole grain crackers will complement the egg and give you some extra carbohydrates for energy.
Fruit and Yogurt
- Fruit and yogurt is another perfect snack! Choose Greek yogurt because it has a higher protein content, which makes for a more satiating snack. Fruit options give you an opportunity for great variations in this snack. Try a mix of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. For something a bit lighter try peaches and a dribble of honey. For something crunchy, add some walnuts and banana slices.
Avocado with Cottage Cheese
- An avocado with cottage cheese is the best kind of snack if you’re in the mood for something a bit more savory. Cut an avocado in half, remove the pit and fill it with cottage cheese. This snack is packed with protein and fiber. Plus, avocados carry a variety of nutrients that support healthy hair and skin! Look good and feel good with this healthy snack.