Winter is practically here, and for many people, that means hunkering down and hibernating for the next few months. If you are like some, you may notice a change in mood during this time, but there are ways to help boost your mood and happiness levels! Try these a few of these tips this winter to help raise your spirits.
- Make time for the things you love. You’re busy. Between work, household chores, commuting, errands, and any family extracurriculars, you’ve got your hands full. How often do you spend time doing the things you love? When was the last time you set aside an evening to simply have no agenda and just go with the flow? Staying busy isn’t always bad, but it’s important to schedule time for yourself especially in the winter months. Pick an evening in the next few weeks and completely block it off for yourself.
- Make time for the people you love. For many people, any time spent with loved ones is just in passing, or a quick bite to eat if they’re lucky. It’s healthy and important to spend time connecting with the people you love. Whether it’s a mutually enjoyed activity or a simple conversation over a cup of coffee, connecting with friends and family can help boost your spirits and give your mind a break from the daily routine.
- Get moving. It’s easy to find yourself wanting to hibernate during the cold winter months, but we suggest that you reconsider. Exercise is perhaps the most efficient, natural, and healthy way to boost your mood all year round. Bundle up for a brisk morning walk, or head to a fitness facility before going into work to start your day on the right path.
- Keep things clean. Clutter is notorious for stemming negative emotions. Free your mind by ditching the clutter and giving yourself the gift of clean space. Start by organizing your clutter into two piles: trash or treasure. It should be easy to determine what can be thrown away and that in itself may free up a load of space! Next, take the items you wish to keep and put them all away in their appropriate spot. Keep surfaces clear to help keep your mind at ease! Running a vacuum throughout the home has also been known to provide instant gratification as well!
- Lighten up. Besides the weather cooling down, another reason that winter tends to be a downer for many people is because of fewer sunlight hours in the day. We suggest that you lighten up your home and office. Open up the shades during the day to let the natural light in, and flip on an extra lamp or two in the evening to help give your space a more open feel.
Don’t let the winter blues get to you over the next few months. With these few tips, you may notice a lift in mood and overall happiness to get you through the winter! We also recommend trying Relora®. Relora® is supported by three peer-reviewed, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled publications that demonstrate Relora®'s positive effects on mood state scores. Learn more about Relora® on our website or by calling 1-800-783-4636.