We all love to treat ourselves, but traditional treats are typically loaded with excess sugar, fat, and calories. But it’s not all bad news. You can still indulge your sweet tooth without derailing all of your fitness progress. Here are 5 delicious treats without the excess sweets.
- Healthy Banana Split. Craving a banana split? Although delicious, a banana split can come with several hundred calories and mounds of hidden sugar. But that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge! Put a banana and a few fresh strawberries in a bowl with just a dollop of whipped cream for a healthier version of this tasty treat. You’ll still get the flavor you’re craving without the guilt of a heavy treat.
- Blueberry Parfait. There’s never a bad time of day for a delicious parfait. Whether for breakfast or an afternoon snack, a healthy blueberry parfait can really hit the spot. Simply mix a few fresh blueberries into plain Greek yogurt, lightly sprinkle a few oats on top, and enjoy!
- Peanut Butter and Crackers. Wait a minute. Is peanut butter sweet or salty? Many people would say that it’s both which makes peanut butter a fan favorite. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on a few whole wheat crackers for a delicious treat that will help hold you over between meals or please your taste buds after dinner.
- Sugar-Free Pudding. Who doesn’t love the smooth, creamy consistency of chocolate or vanilla pudding? The issue with traditional pudding is that it often comes loaded with excess sugar. Opt for a sugar-free pudding and treat yourself without derailing your fitness plan.
- Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water. Are you a big fan of soda and sugary juices or sports drinks? With the average soda containing 39 grams of sugar and 150 calories, these quickly add up and can be disastrous for your fitness plan. Ditch these products and opt for a delicious, naturally-flavored sparkling water instead. These are naturally sugar and calorie-free!
Your sweet cravings can kick in anywhere, anytime. Don’t fall victim to the office candy dish or the ice cream shop down the road. With these few guilt-free treats, you can indulge without derailing your fitness goals. We also recommend Super CitriMax® for anyone looking for help losing weight. Learn more about Super CitriMax® on our website or by calling 1-800-783-4636 today!