Your routine matters. Too long in the same one can put you in a rut while changing things up rapidly can put your body in a state of tension. However, you can and should make small but long term routine changes, particularly during the winter when your motivation to get things done might slow down.
Commit to just a few of these simple ways to boost energy in the winter and you’ll be prepped for completing your health goals!
- Set a Bedtime Alarm - The biggest energy booster is getting proper sleep. It can become habit to stay up binging on Netflix or lay in bed playing with phone apps. To make sure your body and mind are winding down, set an alarm 30 minutes prior to when you’d like to go to bed. Use that time to get ready for bed, shut off all electronics, and relax.
- Deep Breathing and Good Posture - Take five to ten minutes to clear your mind and meditate two to three times each day. Sit or stand upright, zeroing in on where you hold your tension and slowly releasing it as you take deep breaths through your nose. This is particularly effective to become relaxed prior to bed. Better sleep means more energy!
- Delay Your Coffee - Your body produces more cortisol in the morning as a natural stimulant. Drinking coffee right away can trick your body into producing less cortisol throughout the day, thus forcing you to rely more on caffeine. By delaying your java an hour or two, you can keep your body hormones in balance and get more from your beverage boost.
- Write a To-Do List - A to-do list can help ease your mind and free it up to focus on other things. However, writing before bed can send your mind racing. Instead, write your list mid-morning or afternoon.
- Eat Energy Boosting Bites - What you eat also plays a large part in boosting your energy. Bulk up on proteins and fibers. Munch on snacks such as yogurt with berries, fresh veggies, or peanut butter on toast.
As you boost your energy, your mood will improve, you’ll feel healthier, and you’ll be more motivated than ever in your work, exercise, and personal endeavors.
In addition to these tips, losing weight can also promote better sleep and more energy. Get better weight loss results with products containing LOWAT®. LOWAT® helps regulate your hunger hormones and reach your personal health goals. For more information on this and where you can find products with this ingredient, contact InterHealth at firstname.lastname@example.org.