What if we told you that today’s fitness began yesterday? It’s true. Many of the fitness decisions we make stem from how we feel, and how we feel is greatly based on the decisions we made yesterday. But how can we set ourselves up for better fitness choices tomorrow? Let’s take a look at 6 evening healthy habits to improve your fitness success.
- Set aside fitness clothes. Getting up and being active in the morning can be a challenge for anyone. Make it easier by planning ahead and setting aside your fitness materials the night before. Getting moving in the morning will be that much easier!
- Plan tomorrow’s meals. Eating healthy is much easier when you take the time to plan ahead. Make a plan for the next full day of meals to help keep you from the fast food drive-thru. Pack a handful of healthy snacks like fruits, vegetables, and nuts to hold you over between meals.
- Refrain from eating dinner within two hours of bedtime. With our incredibly busy lives, dinner often gets pushed later into the evening. The issue with eating too late is that our food then sits in the stomach all night, which can lead to overnight discomfort and weight gain over time. Plan ahead, so you eat dinner no less than two hours before you go to bed. If you’re still hungry after dinner, set aside a healthy serving of carrots or apple slices.
- Take it easy on the caffeine. Caffeine can help keep you awake and alert, which is perfect for your morning meetings at the office but not what you want when you’re trying to sleep. Lay off of the caffeinated soda and coffee in the evenings to help promote a better night of sleep.
- Wind down with a relaxing activity you enjoy. Decompress and unwind at the end of the day with something you enjoy. Read a book, take a bath, or go for a walk!
- Allow for a full night of sleep. Do you get enough sleep? Most people don’t. If you’re constantly tired, you’re less likely to make positive health and fitness decisions. Set yourself up for success by allowing for 7–8 hours of sleep each night. Consistent, adequate sleep can promote better mental and physical health.
These are just a few evening healthy habits you can create to improve your health and fitness. Planning a healthy lifestyle will set you up for success. In addition to the healthy habits listed above, we recommend a natural supplement that contains Meratrim® to help you achieve the fitness goals you desire. In clinical tests, Meratrim® has proven to help people lose weight more effectively when added to a diet and exercise routine.