After a delicious, romantic date night dinner, many couples spring for a sweet dessert to cap off the evening. Unfortunately, most desserts are loaded with unwanted sugar and calories and leave you feeling bloated. What if we told you there’s a way to keep to your fitness plan, and eat your dessert, too? Here are 6 healthy dessert alternative for your next date night!
- Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries. There’s something romantic about fresh, deep red strawberries dipped in smooth, dark chocolate. And the good news, this dessert is healthy when eaten in moderation. Just make sure you use dark chocolate as opposed to milk chocolate because most dark chocolate has about half the sugar and four times the fiber!
- Fruit With Low Fat Whipped Cream. Step aside ice cream, a delicious, more nutritious option is taking the spotlight. Put a serving of fruit such as blueberries into a bowl with a serving of low-fat whipped cream for a creamy treat at a fraction of the calories and fat of an ice cream sundae.
- Homemade Banana Mocha “Ice Cream.” Another contender against ice cream is this treat you’re going to want to make every date night. Take two frozen bananas, one for each of you, put them into a blender with 3–4 ice cubes, a touch of vanilla extract, and a pinch of coffee grounds. Blend them until they become a similar texture to ice cream.
- Rice Pudding. Many people have yet to try rice pudding, but we assure you that it’s worth trying. Rice pudding is a low-fat dessert made from rice mixed with milk or water and flavored with spices like cinnamon.
- Strawberry Shortcake. We couldn’t possibly put together a dessert list without including this classic. While this isn’t quite health food, it has substantially fewer calories than a dish like strawberry cheesecake. The key is to use fresh strawberries without syrup. Fruit syrup contains a large excess of added sugar which can negate any attempt to make a dessert healthy. Top it off with a small spoonful of low fat whipped cream to give it a creamy texture.
- Vanilla Berry Parfait. When you and your date are craving a creamy treat to finish the meal, try whipping up a few delicious fruit parfaits. Start with a serving of vanilla Greek yogurt, and just add the fruit of your choice. We suggest raspberries and blueberries for a delicious nutrition boost. Also, the protein in the Greek yogurt will help hold you over through the rest of the evening!
Can you notice the common denominator in most of these 6 desserts? It’s fruit! When striving to live a healthy lifestyle, ditching high-sugar dishes can make a huge difference. By swapping out traditional desserts for options with fruit, you’re likely cutting out an excess of sugar, while still satisfying your date night sweet tooth. In addition to smart diet choices, we recommend a natural supplement that contains Meratrim® to help keep you on track toward your fitness goals. Learn more about how to buy yours today by visiting our website or calling 1-800-783-4636.