There’s a lot of hype out there about how to maintain a healthy heart, lungs, stomach, and even brain - but what about your liver? The liver might not receive as much popular support but it’s just as important to your overall health and wellness. It’s vital for body detoxification and the process of digestion. And when damaged, it can lead to liver disease and failure. For those of you who are always striving to take a step further into a healthy living, it’s good to have knowledge about the liver and how to show the organ a little love.
As with other ways to improve health, loving your liver often begins with daily routine changes. Here are 8 tips for a lifestyle to support healthy liver function:
- Limit Sugar Intake - The best way to limit sugars are avoiding spreads (butter, dip) and sauces (syrup, ketchup), cut back on fast foods, and watch your bread and white rice intake. In addition, avoid soda which is one of the largest contributors to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Wash Your Hands - Practicing good hygiene like washing your hands is a simple step to protect your liver. Wash before handling food, after bathroom usage, and every time you get home. That way, the risk of public germs and infection is drastically reduced.
- Eat Natural - Boost your liver health and have more energy by learning to love natural foods. This includes fruit, vegetables, and whole grains that are jam-packed with vitamins, minerals, and fibers. Replace processed foods like applesauce with the source: an apple!
- Increase Protein Consumption - Proteins are great for multiple health reasons, including strengthening muscle fibers (like those in your organs). Especially eat eggs which contain a high amount of choline. Choline is necessary for metabolism as well as a happy liver!
- Drink Water, Not Alcohol - Alcohol, like excess sugar from soda, is metabolized in the liver because the body considers it a toxin. To make sure your liver can continue functioning at its best, don’t overwork it. Make a habit to drink at least 5 glasses of water each day and limit alcohol intake.
- Shake It Up - Any and all physical activity increases circulation and fat-burning. This benefits the whole body, including the liver. Make small changes like taking the stairs versus the elevator or parking further away from a building.
- Hepatitis Prevention - Get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B, as well as tested for C. Hepatitis is an infection in the liver that doesn’t often show outwardly. Getting checked helps it from spreading.
- Avoid Acetaminophen - The liver also processes acetaminophen, so limit going over the 3250 mg recommendation for adults to ensure it isn’t overloaded. Check your medications and avoid pain relievers when you can.
One little added or altered step to your routine can make a huge difference in the health of your liver. Encourage your customers to adopt these highly beneficial changes along with using a supplement that includes ChromeMate®, an ingredient that increases chromium’s effectiveness in the body. Chromium helps keep blood sugar levels in check, balancing the highs and lows. By stabilizing the body’s sugar, it helps keep the liver strong and assists in weight maintenance. Utilize ChromeMate® in your products today!