As the holiday season approaches, people resume their family traditions and celebrate accordingly. This also tends to be the time of year when people overindulge, gain weight and lose track of their health goals. Also, as the days get shorter and the nights get longer, seasonal depression hits many Americans. Use these tips to stay happy and healthy in the coming weeks.
- Sleep normally. As the time changes many people find it difficult to get a good nights rest. If you keep your same sleep schedule, your body will bounce back easier than if you try and formulate a new sleep routine.
- Don't stress. It is easy to let the holidays overwhelm you. Remind yourself that the holidays are not about shopping and cooking constantly. Take time for yourself and relax with the people closest to you
- Be generous. Studies show that people who give to others are happier, live longer, and are healthier. Generous doesn't just mean financially either, be generous with your time and contacts to help others.
- Give hugs! Older people need to be hugged because social connections promote healthy aging.
- Exercise. It is hard to stick to your exercise goals during these months but make time every week in your calendar to go to the gym or pick up a yoga or dance DVD that you could do in your home.
Indulge this holiday season but use some of these tips to stay conscious of your health and happiness. Also, taking a supplement that contains Meratrim® can help keep you stay in shape or lose weight when your cravings may take over during these tough months.