Whether you have a family of nine kids or it’s just you and a few felines, morning stress is a commonality among households. After the alarm goes off, your brain has to try to kick into gear, your muscles have to stretch out, and all you really want to do is catch a few extra Z’s. But the new day is calling! Within an hour, you have to get everyone ready for school, work, and whatever else comes in the day ahead.
Despite the morning rush and your growing to-do list, there are a few ways you can reduce and potentially eliminate morning stress!
- Eliminate Frustration - Does something consistently bother you in the morning? If your closet is messy, the dishes are dirty, or your can never find your keys, make a change the night before to eliminate the frustration.
- Wake Up Earlier - Catching a few extra Z’s isn’t always a benefit. It can cut down on the time you have to get ready, thus increasing your stress and potentially making you late. Instead, set your alarm with a 30 minute time buffer in case you need to stop for gas or just want to relax for a few minutes with a cup of coffee.
- Hydrate - Drink a glass of water right away in the morning to rejuvenate your body. The water will help thin your blood so that it reaches your organs and extremities more quickly.
- Stretch - Many people find a form of meditation, stretching, or yoga to be a helpful morning activity. The slow, balanced movements help your body and brain wake up and refocus.
- Get Ready to Music - The routine of getting yourself (and your family) ready in the morning can seem tedious. Turning on the radio and dancing as you make breakfast, brush your teeth, or take a shower can really boost your mood.
- Treat Yourself - Treating yourself doesn’t have to include buying morning doughnuts or skipping the gym. Focus instead on positive activities you can look forward to, such as making your favorite meal, a phone call to your best friend, game night, or a long walk in the neighborhood.
By using these pieces of advice to reduce your morning stress, you can enjoy happier, more emotionally balanced days. When you’re in a better mood and sleep well at night, you will wake up with more energy. More energy translates into being more productive, eating better, and losing weight!For another weight loss jump start, try products with Meratrim®. Meratrim® can help you reach your weight loss goal and reduce your weight size in as little as two weeks! Discover more about this and other health supplements by contacting InterHealth at email@example.com.