Are you hydrating enough? If you are like most adults, there is a good chance that you should be drinking more water. There are many tips to drink more water, but we are here to tell you that you can actually eat your water as well! That’s right. We’ve put together a list of 8 foods with a high water content to help you hydrate while snacking!
- Watermelon. This could be the most obvious choice, the name itself has “water” in it! While also incredibly delicious, watermelon is refreshing and nutritious. Cut some up for a side dish at your next family barbecue, or simply have slices on hand for a midday snack.
- Cucumber. Have you ever wondered why cucumbers are so refreshing? Cucumbers a loaded with nutrients and water. Served them chilled with a low fat dip or mixed in with a salad.
- Celery. Celery is often overlooked in the veggie department, but we encourage you to give it a shot. Celery is extremely low in calories and high in water content. Eat it alone or with spicy foods to help balance the flavor.
- Spinach. Although iceberg lettuce is known to have a higher percentage of water, spinach still ranks over 90% but offers many more vitamins and nutrients.
- Tomatoes. In addition to having cancer-fighting properties, tomatoes of all shapes and sizes are a nutritious addition to your day.
- Strawberries. Who doesn’t love a handful of fresh strawberries? Pack them for an afternoon snack at the office or try adding them to a salad!
- Grapefruit. A little sweet and a little sour. A grapefruit in the morning will give you the kick and hydration to get you going.
- Cantaloupe. Making a fruit salad? Cube or ball up some cantaloupe for a delicious and refreshing base.
Water is essential to our bodies, and unfortunately, many people aren’t drinking enough. These 8 foods are a fantastic way to sneak more water as well as valuable nutrients into your body. In addition to improving your dietary habits when striving for better health, we also recommend Meratrim®. Research shows that Meratrim® may help people reach their weight-management goals in as little as two weeks. Learn more on our website or by calling 1-800-783-4636.