Summer is a great time to start eating healthier and being more active. Warm weather and sunny days make it that much easier to enjoy being outdoors, and there are plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in season. If you’re looking for some dinner ideas you can enjoy all summer long while still keeping your health and fitness goals on track, here are some delicious recipes you can try:
Tasty Black Bean Tacos
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon chili powder
Diced vegetables (your choice)
- Over low to medium heat, add olive oil to a saucepan. Stir in black beans and spices, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture is warm.
- Serve beans in taco shells, and top with a few ounces of shredded cheese and your choice of diced vegetables. Enjoy!
Quick and Easy Grilled Fish Packets
1 fresh fish filet
1 teaspoon olive oil
A dash of your favorite herbs or seasoning
2 lemon slices
Mixed diced vegetables, tossed lightly in olive oil (optional)
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. While the grill heats up, place the fish filet in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil. If you’re including diced vegetables, place those on your foil first and then lay the filet on top.
- Drizzle olive oil over the filet, and season with your choice of herbs. Place 1-2 lemon slices on top of the filet.
- Fold up the edges of the aluminum foil to form a sealed packet. Place the packet on the grill and cook until fish is opaque and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the type of fish you use.
Try one of these recipes the next time you’re looking for a quick, satisfying meal that’s also healthy and nutritious. By combining a balanced diet with regular physical activity, you’ll be on the right track to meet your health and fitness goals. If your goals include weight loss or weight management, consider adding a supplement such as Meratrim®.
Meratrim® has been shown in two randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies to significantly reduce weight and waist size in two weeks. A combination of Sphaeranthus indicus and Garcinia mangostana plant extracts, research has shown that Meratrim® significantly improved physical function and self-esteem at eight weeks. You can read more about Meratrim® on our website or by calling 1-800-783-4636.