Staying healthy on the road can be a challenge. But road trips are a fun adventure with friends and family that you shouldn’t have to miss out on. Follow these tips next time you hit the road to help maintain a happy, healthy lifestyle.
- Pack a cooler. It’s easy to make quick stops at fast food restaurants or hit the vending machine at rest areas while on a road trip, but those types of foods are high in calories and can make you feel even more lethargic in the car. Instead, pack a cooler of healthy snacks and beverages that will keep you satisfied and feeling great.
- Take regular breaks. It’s nice to get to your next destination as fast as possible, but be sure to pull over at regular increments to stretch your legs out and get your blood flowing. Set a timer or a mileage limit for each stop. You can even plan a simple game like Freeze Tag or Simon Says to play with your fellow travelers at each stop. Keep a running tally of who wins each game at each rest stop and bring a small prize for the winner at the end of the trip.
- Take turns driving. If possible, take turns driving so each driver can give their minds and eyes a break from the road. This removes the stress from the eyes of the driver so they can stay relaxed and alert each time it’s their turn to drive.
- Plan brain games. Bring a selection of brain games to play with your travel companions to help pass the time and keep your brain active. You can plan games like the ABC game, the license plate game, karaoke, and other games that you think you and your friends will enjoy.
- Celebrate milestones. Choose milestones to celebrate, such as crossing state borders, hitting a certain number of miles, or reaching your destination by stopping the car and having a short dance party to a favorite song. You’ll be excited about the journey and it will help get your blood flowing and heart rate up.
- Remember your weight loss supplement. Bring along your weight loss supplement, being sure it includes an effective ingredient such as Meratrim®, to help stay on track with your weight management goals. Make sure to keep working on healthy exercise and a low calorie diet with the tips above to complement your weight loss supplement during your road trip.
Road trips should be a fun, memorable experience with your friends and family. Make sure you stay in line with your weight loss goals by implementing the tips above to feel great, even during long rides in the car. To learn more about Meratrim® and how it can help with weight management, visit www.buyinterhealth.com or email us at [email protected].