Are you sleeping enough? The average adult needs approximately seven to nine hours of sleep each night. Sleep allows your body and mind to rest and find balance. Without the proper amount of sleep, one can feel lethargic, stressed, anxious, and even crave unhealthy foods. The right amount of sleep might be the key to getting you on track for fitness. Learn more about the importance of sleep for one’s body and mind.
When we think of physical health, we think of diet and exercise. Those are important aspects of physical health, but they can be disrupted if we do not get enough sleep. During a full night’s rest, our body repairs itself and tries to return to a healthy balance.
- The human body uses sleep as an opportunity to repair muscles. If you have become more physically active on the journey toward a healthier life, sleep is important to help your body repair and recover from your workouts.
- People who get regular exercise sleep better than those who live a more sedentary lifestyle.
- Sleep and metabolism are closely related. Those who sleep an adequate amount each night are more likely to have a healthy BMI than those who do not sleep enough.
- Sleep restores hormones to a healthy balance. Those who don’t get enough sleep do not have the opportunity to find hormonal balance. Hormonal imbalance can cause cravings for unhealthy foods and can affect how your body reacts to insulin.
- Immune System
- Your immune system also relies heavily on adequate sleep. You are more likely to catch viruses or bacterial infections if you do not get enough sleep. You will have more trouble fighting off the common cold if you are sleep deficient.
Our mental health is also greatly affected by the amount that we sleep. Adequate sleep improves stress levels, creativity, decision making, and one’s overall thought process. Sleep keeps our mind sharp and attentive.
- You have probably noticed that if you do not get a good amount of rest the night before, you have trouble focusing the next day. Your brain is more easily distracted when you don’t get a good night’s rest.
- You have better ideas and creative input when you are fully rested. Your brain has a faster reaction time, a longer attention span, and can make better decisions.
- Proper sleep reduces stress. It allows your mind to process situations and gives you the energy to tackle stressful situations in the coming day.
Implementing a sleep schedule could be the key to weight loss and a healthier life. For added support on your journey toward health, consider using a suitable supplement that contains LOWAT®. LOWAT® can help you reach your weight management goals in a healthy and natural way!