Sometimes you don’t feel like hitting the gym! You have things to do at home; the bathroom needs cleaning, the floors need washing, and the laundry is piling up.Try making home cleaning your daily workout. It’s easy to do, plus you’ll be able to get all your housework done and feel productive and energized.
Open All the Windows
Depending on the temperature outside, open the windows! Letting in the fresh air and sunlight will lighten up the home and refresh your senses. Breathing fresh air from the outdoors is naturally energizing.
Play Your Favorite Jams
What kind of music makes you want to move? Play it! Whether it’s country, Americana, hip-hop, gospel, folk, etc., put on your favorite tunes and turn them up.
What cleaning project do you need to tackle first? Start there. If it’s dusting, vacuuming, sorting laundry, or doing dishes, start your first project.
Whatever chore you start with just keeping moving. Keep moving. Dance a little bit. Put some pep in your step.
Between Chores, Exercise.
Once you complete a task, take a break from cleaning get in some aerobic exercise.
Here are some options:
- Keeping your upper body straight, with your shoulders back and relaxed, choose a point in front of you and stare at it. Doing so will keep you from looking down.
- Engage your core.
- Step forward with one leg and lower your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle.
- Push yourself upwards, engaging your core and glutes.
- Repeat the move with the other leg.
- Remember those moves you did in gym class in grade school? Do 25 jumping jacks! You will get your blood pumping and your heart beating.
- Keep your shoulders back and your movements smooth.
- Lie on the floor face down.
- Place your hands beneath your shoulders.
- Lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
- From the floor, as you push up, breathe out and lift yourself back up to the starting position.
- Lie face down on the ground.
- Push upward to your forearms and toes.
- Hold this position for as long as possible, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
With these activities, you’ll be able to get your house chores done while still getting in great aerobic exercise. Staying on track with your fitness and wellness goals will be easy if you implement activity into your daily routine! For extra support on this journey, consider adding a suitable product that contains Meratrim® into your routine! Meratrim® has been clinically tested and has proven to support healthy weight loss in as little as two weeks.