Fall brings many lovely sights, smells, and sounds. It’s a season of family gatherings, holiday cheer, and changing routines. With the oncoming chill, you change your wardrobe to include coats, hats, and scarves. But it’s easy to forget that the chill also affects your skin. To protect it properly, you must also change your skin routine by “dressing” and caring for it appropriately.Boost your skin health by practicing these five tips for fall skin care!
- Sunscreen - It might seem contradictory to use sunscreen as the days shorten and the sun spends less time in the sky. However, it’s UV rays are still present and the atmosphere can thin during these colder months, creating more UV penetration. Thus, you should continue to apply an SPF when outside for a lengthy time so that the rays don’t age your skin.
- Exfoliating Cleanser - Reveal a brighter, more beautiful you by exfoliating away the old and damaged skin cells on the surface that are leftover from summer. Avoid exfoliators with fragrance that might irritate the skin. Instead, opt for oil-based sugar scrubs with sunflower oil or shea butter.
- Alcohol-Free Toner - A body needs hydration, and so does the skin. Toner is like giving your skin a drink of water. Wipe toner across your face and other areas after a thorough cleaning so that your skin doesn’t dry out.
- Moisturizer - Where toner invigorates the skin with hydration, moisturizer locks it in. Any areas that crack or become dry have simply been stripped of the skin oils that naturally hold in hydration. Restore the protection with a natural, oil-based moisturizer.
- Retinol - Retinol, aka Vitamin A, helps renew the skin. Any brown spots, wrinkles, or lines can be reduced by prescription retinoids. In addition, they help smooth the skin and delay skin aging.
Your skin is your natural barrier to the elements. As you unpack your fall and winter wardrobe, stock up with fall skin essentials by creating a shopping list from the above tips. By utilizing these resources and changing up your routine, you can have radiant, youthful skin all season long!
If you’re also concerned about your joints as the weather shifts, try UC-II®. This health ingredient improves joint mobility and flexibility with a boost of collagen. To learn more, contact InterHealth at firstname.lastname@example.org.